Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Mary's Way Of The Cross - Thirteenth Station: Jesus is Taken Down from the Cross


We adore you, O Christ, and we bless You, because by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world.

Meditation:

The crowd had gone; the noise had stopped. I stood quietly with one of Jesus' friends and looked up at the dead body of our savior, my son. Then two men took the body from the cross and placed it in my arms. A deep sorrow engulfed my being. Yet, I also felt deep joy. Life had ended cruelly for my son, but it had also brought life to all of us. I knew this had to be, and I prayed silently.

Prayer:

Lord, your passion has ended. Yet, it still goes on whenever I choose sin over you. I have done my part in your crucifixion and now, my savior, I beg your forgiveness with all my heart. Help me to live a life worthy of you and your mother.

Our Father...Hail Mary...Glory Be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fundraiser for Cataract Surgery