Friday, March 30, 2007

Mary's Way Of The Cross - Eighth Station: Jesus Speaks to the Women


We adore you, O Christ, and we bless You, because by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world.


Meditation:


I was walking a few steps behind Jesus when I saw him stop. Some women were there crying for him and pitying him. He told them not to shed tears for him. They had the opportunity to accept him as the messiah; like many others, they rejected him instead. He told them to shed tears for themselves, tears that would bring their conversion. They did not see the connection between that and his walk to death. I did, and as he walked on, I followed silently.


Prayer:


My savior, many times have I acted like these women, always seeing the faults in others and pitying them. Yet, very rarely have I seen my own sinfulness and asked your pardon. Lord, you have taught me through these women. Forgive me, Lord, for my blindness.


Our Father...Hail Mary...Glory Be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fundraiser for Cataract Surgery