Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mary's Way Of The Cross - Fourth Station: Jesus Meets His Grieving Mother



We adore you, O Christ, and we bless You, because by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world.

Meditation:

I had managed to break through the crowd and was walking side by side with my son. I called to him through the shouting voices. He stopped. Our eyes met, mine full of tears of anguish, his full of pain and confusion. I felt helpless; then his eyes said to me, "Courage! There is a purpose for this." As he stumbled on, I knew he was right. So I followed and prayed silently.


Prayer:

Lord Jesus, forgive me the many times our eyes met and I turned mine away. Forgive me the times things did not go my way and I let everyone know about it. Forgive me the times I brooded over little inconveniences or became discouraged and did not heed your call to courage! Yes, Lord, our eyes have met many times, but fruitlessly.


Our Father...Hail Mary...Glory Be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fundraiser for Cataract Surgery